Hey there! How has the week been to you? Mine has been rough. I need to keep reminding myself that the symptoms are part of the body’s healing process. After five years of mostly-normal labs, my body is finally pulling out of low-energy mode thanks to an overload of once-deficient minerals and my labs are now a mess. The endocrinologist thinks it’s Addison disease, but I’m hoping I’m just passing through on the journey to recovery.
Hope you have a good one! Here are a few links from around the web. Feel free to share anything interesting you’ve stumbled upon in the comments.
- Quote I’ve been thinking about: “Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light‐years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual.” – Carl Sagan
- From the archives: why you should delete your social media accounts today.
- Tim Urban of Wait But Why fame is back from a three-year hiatus to discuss, basically, how society works and why so many adults still throw temper tantrums. It’s going to be a lengthy series, explaining the history of human tribes up until today, where people who deep-down want the same things villainize those who are different.
- “Imagine if all the available “public concern” for a given issue could be collected in a huge rain barrel, like the valuable resource it is, and redistributed among fewer people. Instead of having 50 million people care seriously about an issue for all of six hours, you could distill that 300 million hours of public concern into, say, three thousand people who made it a primary moral concern for a decade.” Care deeply, not passionately from Raptitude.
- This one simple trick makes everything faster and easier. Hint: stop taking shortcuts.
Biological age of humans reversed by years in groundbreaking study, scientists suggest.
- Barriers To Intimacy, Olivia de Recat. Clever print.
- I’m going through a mineral re-balancing program with a registered dietician. It’s been up and down during my ten weeks on the personalized program, but overall I feel like I’m improving. I recently found this great resource on nutritional balancing.
- If you’re familiar with Andy Weir, author of The Martian, and have not read his metaphysical short story, The Egg, I’d highly recommend reading it and/or watching this short animation of the story. I first stumbled across The Egg about 10 years ago and it blew my mind. It still does.
Happy New Year! Hope you’re doing ok. 🙏
A very belated Happy New Year to you, Miro! It’s been a somewhat rough year, but my health recently turned a corner and I truly believe I’m on the right path. I hope that you’re doing well!
This is me popping in to say hi. Hope you’re doing well.