Hello! How is your week going? What the weather like where you live? My week has seemingly dragged on and the excessive heat paired with a small shard of glass lodged in my heel haven’t helped. The news has been a wild ride, as well.
What are you up to this weekend?I think my boyfriend and I will be taking a day trip to somewhere a bit cooler and more beautiful. Hope you have a good one! Here are a few links from around the web:
- I originally started this blog as a playful exploration into the field of human centered design and engineering and this article perfectly captures why I’m interested in applying empathy to design. Those who design spaces can don a gerontology suit, limiting mobility and sensory perceptions to allow the designer to understand how the space might feel to the elderly or disabled. The blending of psychology, engineering and aesthetics is so up my alley and I hope that one day I’ll have the opportunity to do this type of work.
- On nature, parenting, and solo adventures
- If you’re a sucker for puppies and cute things, click here.
- I really enjoyed this three-part series about Jesuit Thinking on Malcom Gladwell’s Revisionist History (Season 4: Episodes 5, 6, 7).
- That pink ring in the toilet bowl is not a moral failure. “Women know that lack of cleanliness can be wielded in all manner of ways against them.” After years spent running on fumes and several major home repairs, our house has collected some dust and some clutter. I feel ashamed to let anyone peek inside. This article captures so much of what I feel–the weighting of much-needed-rest and socially-pressured tidiness.
- I really like these blocky, abstract oil paintings.
- Trash plastic: Some helpful tips and tricks to help cut back on your use of plastic.
- To say my boyfriend is obsessed with the fermented tea drink, kombucha, would be an understatement. We just bought an instruction book and the supplies to try making our own batch at home.
- Innovation is guts plus generosity.
- How To Start A Daily Journaling Habit (And What To Write About)