Happy Friday! What are you up to this weekend? I’m going on a day trip to Sedona to ameliorate a not-so-stellar week, and then celebrating Mother’s Day with my extended family. Hope you have a good one! Here are a few fun reading-themed links from around the web:
- “The two most engaging powers of an author are to make new things familiar, and familiar things new.” – Samuel Johnson
- Why You Should Start Binge-Reading Right Now.
- Phones smash, notebooks bend. Why to choose analog over digital, at least some of teh time.
- A (longish) short story from the achieves: Unevolved.
- How To Make Your Writing Sparkle: The Art of Adding “Reality” To Fiction
- 5 Habits That Will Transform Anyone Into a Prolific Writer
- What is your creative type? I’m the Thinker.
- I Can’t Answer These Texas Standardized Test Questions About My Own Poems. This is disturbing and says so much about the ineffectiveness of standardized testing, a broken system on which the future of so many hinges.
- Finally, a fun song to round out the list. Enjoy!