Hello, all you beautiful people!
For the first time in many decades, every mountain surrounding the valley of the sun was painted white. At a slightly lower altitude, it’s been raining cats and dogs. As a life-long Arizonan, I simply cannot get enough of it!
I’ve been supporting an onsite client audit this week and it has been a bizarre experience. The auditors dug relentlessly into a product that was approved and brought to market six years ago and then personally attacked the management team, half of which were not present on for the work they were questioning. Thank goodness it’s the weekend!
My wore my old burnt orange Patagonia pullover so much that it developed holes in the elbows two years ago. I took advantage of Patagonia’s post-season sale and finally replaced my decade-old friend with a blissfully cozy new one. Mmm, life’s simple pleasures!
The my little miracle pill is causing me to wake up in the night (and stay awake). Unbelievably, I still feel more energetic and alert on those five hours of medicated sleep than I did before on twelve hours. For the last six days, I’ve been skipping around in a trance-like euphoria proclaiming to everyone I meet, “I know I said like a broken record, but I have so much energy!!!” I’m crossing my finger that this feeling continues indefinitely.
Once again, I am eternally grateful to my integrative physician for her expertise and for thinking more broadly than any other doctor I’ve worked with. While we’re still trying to discern the root cause, she was able to listen to my symptoms and narrow down the possibilities. It costs an arm, a leg and my future first-born but it’s been, hands-down, worth every last penny.
P.S. If you happen to be questioning the value of one arm, one leg and one baby, we’re at just under $3,000, after insurance, across six-weeks for three appointments, six high-quality supplements, four diagnostic tests, two blood draws fees and one prescription.
Anyways, have you stumbled across anything particularly fun or interesting this week? Here are a few things I enjoyed. Have a fantastic weekend!
- Preschool pocket treasures. Children live in their own little worlds of whimsy, and I think there’s a lot we can learn from them.
- What I say when I don’t know what to say, from Austin Kleon.
- Three Questions for Effective Feedback. What should I stop doing? What should I keep doing? What should I start doing?
- Michael Ventura: Self-Observation Is the Skill of the Future.”
- These wind maps are beautiful.
- What is the real problem with social media? And how should we respond?
- Cheap TVs and Exorbitant Education, Modern America in One Chart.
- This Twitter thread on Dementia is heartwarming. My grandfather suffers from it and it’s hard to see, but he has so many moments of wit, clarity and hilarity in between all the fog.
- None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after-thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else.” — Nanea Hoffman
- The Decemberists always make me smile. I hope this song offers you the same.