Hello there friends and happy holidays!
I am back from the void, at least for the moment. A lot has happened in the past five weeks.
I put in my notice at my old job after four years and transitioned into a wonderful new company. Despite taking a big step back in terms of pay and title, I shaved 5+ hours off my weekly commute and set my own hours. I’m excited for the work and I already recognize far more opportunity for contribution and growth. The icing on the cake is that everyone is both brilliant and kind.
A dozen former coworkers reported the illegal goings on at my previous employer to the federal authorities. Apparently things have been escalated to the white collar crime branch. If it’s meant to be, justice will be served.
My thirtieth birthday came an went quickly and without any ado. My family went out for Korean barbeque, my boyfriend took me to my favorite vegan restaurant (portobello-poblano tacos, OMG!), and my in-laws assisted me in graduating up from the mismatched hand-me-down silverware club.
In the health realm, my doctors are hypothesizing that I have dysautonomia and secondary hypothyroidism. Basically, my autonomic nervous system is not working properly, leading to poor regulation of cardiovascular, respiratory, and autoimmune function, which has in turn led to a disruption of hormone production.
However, next year, I’ll be gladly supplementing my traditional insurance with care from an Integrative Physician who studied under Dr. Andrew Weil. Integrative medicine considers all clinically-proven methodologies, attempting to discern and resolve the root cause of any health ailments. Despite the high cost, I am extremely excited and hopeful!
I recently completed physical therapy for two winging scapula that became deconditioned while I’ve been unable to lift over the last year. The targeted exercises were incredible and I feel so much stronger and capable.
We have lots of Christmas goodness in the coming days–wonderful meals, time with family, the exchange of gifts, and setting goals for the year to come.
Do you have anything exciting planned for the coming holidays? What interesting things have you come across on the web lately?
- My current obsessions: Laura Chenel’s Spicy Cabecou marinated goat cheese, these leather boots I got for my birthday, my sixth Passion Planner, and wrapping Christmas gifts in this gorgeous floral number.
- I’m currently reading Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World by Cal Newport. I saw him speak six years ago and disagreed with his ideas, but have thought about them a lot in the time since and now strive to do work that I’m good at, so I can later leverage those skills towards something that I am passionate about.
- I don’t have Instagram but, if I did, Saratoga Dog Walkers would be my favorite.
- This made me think: 8 Women on Choosing Not to Have Kids.
- I’ve been a fan of Dr. Andrew Weil for over ten years and was thrilled to discover his recent interviews with Tim Ferriss and Joe Rogan. Both are highly recommended.
- Quote I’m thinking about: “If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave.” – Mo Willems
- Have you seen the Glitter Fart Camera Trap for Package Thieves? You’re welcome.