Hello digital adventurers.
How has the week treated you? What are you looking forward to in the coming week?
This week has been filled with good news–my heart is in good working order and I don’t have fungus growing in my brain. Despite a raging monstrosity of a headache, I’m calling this a major win.
My boyfriend surprised me by renting a cabin in the mountains for the weekend. I’m not cleared for hiking, but I plan to sit outside amongst the pines and imagine.
- “I’m sick…I’ve been diagnosed with a terminal illness called Life, caused by a highly contagious virus referred to as Aliveness.” From the lovely Andrea Balt.
- A topic that I’ve been fascinated by since the rise of music and video streaming: The decline of private ownership in America.
- I am in love with these delightful “color in your message” cards. You can never have too much stationary (though my boyfriend passionately disagrees).
- I’ve recently listened to two interviews with Dilbert cartoonist Scott Adams on the Tim Ferriss Show (2015) and the Grimerica Podcast (2018), where is mindset and approach to life blew me away. Planning to pick up his book, How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big soon.
- I’ve been listening to the audio of The Doors of Perception by Aldoulus Huxley. Two fun facts: 1) The band The Doors derived their name from this book; and 2) Huxley died from a mescalin overdose.
- My last CSA box had 3 lbs of okra, so I made Vegan Richa’s Okra in Sesame Coconut Sauce and it was a hit! The trick for avoiding sliminess is to saute the okra in oil until crisp prior to adding the spices.
- What’s the most important factor in motivating kids? Autonomy.
- What I’m listening to this week: Something Good by Alt-J.